Here's my latest deal from Tar-Zhey! Sale prices for these items if I hadn't used coupons would have been $97.41. I used store coupons and mfg coupons totaling $66.42. I'm sending off for a $7.99 rebate and got a $0.15 discount for bringing my own bags. And I also had a coupon for get a free $5 Target gift card when you buy the Scrubbing Bubbles, so we'll count that free $15 as well! So here's the math:
Total Out of Pocket: $7.85!
Not bad for almost $100 worth of stuff, eh?!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Posted by Hello...My name is Kareah... at 2:56 PM
Friday, May 7, 2010
Heath's grandpa has a huge bluebonnet patch in his front yard! Actually his whole front yard is a bluebonnet patch! We love this because it means every year we get to take wonderful wildflower photos, without stressing over our kids playing on the side of a busy highway! Here are the photos from this year!
Posted by Hello...My name is Kareah... at 2:43 PM
Monday, January 18, 2010
- Raisin Bran 2/$4, used $1.50/2 Q (meaning coupon) so $2.50 for 2 boxes
- Curel Lotion 2/$12, used (2) $2/1 Q + $1 Walgreens Q that deducted for both bottles and got $5 RR (Register Rewards) so after Q's and RR's $1 for 2 bottles!
- Welch's Grape Jelly 2/$3, used (2) .55/1 Q so .95 each
- Wet Ones 2/$4, used (2)$1.50/1 Q and got $1 RR for buying 2 so 2 for FREE!
- DayQuil/NyQuil $5, Get $10 RR when you buy $20, bought 4 @$5, used (4)$2/1 Q + (2) "Free Puffs Tissues wyb (when you buy) 2 DayQuil/NyQuil products" Q so $2 for 4 boxes of Day/NyQuil and 2 boxes of tissues!
Neosporin Overnight Lip Therapy 2/$8, used (2) $3/1 Q and got $3 RR for buying 2, so $1 Money Maker!!
So after combining sale prices, coupons and RR's, that's $78.91 worth of stuff for just $6.40!
- Frosted Mini Wheats $4.29 + BOGO (Buy One, Get One Free), used $1.50/2 Q, so $2.79 for 2 boxes.
- Pepsi 12 packs $3 for 10, Buy $20 worth Get $10 ECB (Extra Care Bucks), so after ECB's, (6) 12-packs for $10 or $1.67 each
- Rimmell Eye Makeup Remover 75% off of $7.69, used $1 Q, so $0.92.
- Rimmell Lasting Finish Mineral MakeUp 75% off of $8.49, used $1Q, so $1.12.
- Rimmell Mousse Blush 75% off of $6.99, used $1 Q, so $0.75.
- Rimmell Eyeshadow Trio 75% off of $5.99, (no coupon, but it was too pretty to pass up!), so $1.49.
So after combining sale prices, coupons and ECB's, that's $77.68 worth of stuff for just $17.07!>
Posted by Hello...My name is Kareah... at 9:15 AM
Sunday, January 17, 2010
I can't believe I haven't posted a thing since June! Well, actually I can. Until yesterday, getting on our computer held about as much joy as standing in line at the DPS office. The computer was 8 years old, which in computer years is like, I don't know, maybe 108, so yeah, it wasn't the best experience ever. But I'm glad to announce that we bought a new computer and it's wonderful. The screen feels so nice and huge and I think I need a seat belt because I am not used to surfing the web this fast!
So, now that I have my speedy new computer, I shall return to the blogosphere. Or at least, I'm gonna try to.
A lot has been going on with me since June, so here's a brief update.
- Ezra is now 8 months old! I can't believe how time flies when there is a baby in the house! I know the 2's don't go by this quickly!
- I have become a couponing diva in the past 3 months! You would not believe how much money I am saving on everything from groceries, to toiletries, to rain boots for my kiddos! I'm sure you will hear about my couponing conquests in upcoming posts! Saving money is too good not to share with you!
- I have set a ton of goals for this year - among them: to set up an Etsy Shop and start selling some of my hand-sewn baby items and girly stuff!
So, dear Reader(s)...please stay tuned and make my commitment to blogging worthwhile!
Posted by Hello...My name is Kareah... at 10:43 PM
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
"Love is the extremely difficult realization that something other than oneself is real."
Announcing the newest member of our family
Ezra Jos Wakeland
May 15, 2009
8 lbs. 8 oz.
Monday, April 13, 2009
I grew up in the country in a small town. I'm so glad I married Heath because he and his family are just the same way. So this is how most of our holidays are spent...with our kids running around on lots of land, chasing dozens of cousins.
Oh and PS - If you're wondering what in the world our son is wearing...it's his outfit that we had made for him in Nigeria! He's our pale little African boy!